The West Side has a lot to offer. The major commercial streets through the West Side are Caesar Chavez Street and Robert Street. The West Side has three St. Paul public elementary schools: Cherokee Heights Elementary, River View West Side and Roosevelt Elementary. Humboldt Junior and Senior High are both located in the West Side neighborhood. The River View Branch Library is on the National Register of Historic Places. Cherokee Park, located near the river, is a great place to watch barges and wildlife. There are several excellent ethnic restaurants in the area, including some of the best Mexican food in the Twin Cities at Boca Chica and El Burrito Mercado. In fact, centered along César Chávez Boulevard, the West Side of Saint Paul is home to the largest Hispanic community in the Twin Cities.
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls