The West Side has a lot to offer. The major commercial streets through the West Side are Caesar Chavez Street and Robert Street. The West Side has three St. Paul public elementary schools: Cherokee Heights Elementary, River View West Side and Roosevelt Elementary. Humboldt Junior and Senior High are both located in the West Side neighborhood. The River View Branch Library is on the National Register of Historic Places. Cherokee Park, located near the river, is a great place to watch barges and wildlife. There are several excellent ethnic restaurants in the area, including some of the best Mexican food in the Twin Cities at Boca Chica and El Burrito Mercado. In fact, centered along César Chávez Boulevard, the West Side of Saint Paul is home to the largest Hispanic community in the Twin Cities.
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick
- When Tennis Seduced America