The Payne-Phalen neighborhood of St. Paul is rich in history and culture, as it served as a first settlement for many immigrants throughout Minnesota’s history. Waves of Swedish, then Irish, Italian, Polish and finally Mexican immigrants found temporary housing in the area. Now residents of the area range from a blue-collar to middle-class to upper crust. Railroad Island contains many of the oldest homes in the district. Phalen Lake Elementary is the neighborhood school. St. Paul residents also have the choice to send their children to magnet programs like Farnsworth Aerospace Magnet School. The neighborhood has excellent recreational facilities, with a park near Lake Phalen that includes trails, swimming beaches and a golf course.
- Movie Review — ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ is Generic, But Still Fun
- Movie Review — January Produces Another Action Dud with ‘The Rhythm Section’
- Movie Review — ‘The Gentlemen’ is Director Guy Ritchie Doing What He Does Best
- Grand Theft Airline
- Movie Review – ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ is Catered to Devoted Fans
- Did Minneapolis Organized Crime Steal My Bike? (And How You Can Protect Yours)
- Twins Cities Cinema Marketing Wars Deliver New Luxury — and Bargains!
- Traveling in Portugal — The $2 City Bus Ride to Oz