The Payne-Phalen neighborhood of St. Paul is rich in history and culture, as it served as a first settlement for many immigrants throughout Minnesota’s history. Waves of Swedish, then Irish, Italian, Polish and finally Mexican immigrants found temporary housing in the area. Now residents of the area range from a blue-collar to middle-class to upper crust. Railroad Island contains many of the oldest homes in the district. Phalen Lake Elementary is the neighborhood school. St. Paul residents also have the choice to send their children to magnet programs like Farnsworth Aerospace Magnet School. The neighborhood has excellent recreational facilities, with a park near Lake Phalen that includes trails, swimming beaches and a golf course.
- Twins Cities Cinema Marketing Wars Deliver New Luxury — and Bargains!
- Traveling in Portugal — The $2 City Bus Ride to Oz
- The Delectable Adventures of the Minnesota Meat Trail — A Spotlight on Minnesota’s Best Butcher Shops
- Movie Review — ‘MIB: International’ is the Death of “Galaxy Defenders”
- Lock’em Up! How Northwest Airlines Sent Administration Officials to Jail for Contempt of Congress
- Movie Review — ‘Rocketman’ is a Masterful and Wonderfully Unique Biopic of Elton John
- Movie Review — ‘Aladdin’ is a Shameful Remake of Disney Classic
- Movie Review — ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is the Perfect Culmination to 11 Years of Franchise Building