The Mac-Groveland area of St. Paul is a busy, lively neighborhood. Bustling Grand Avenue runs east and west through Mac-Groveland. There are a range of restaurants, cafes, eclectic gift shops and specialty stores. The neighborhood also features the Grandview Movie Theater. Randolph Heights Elementary and Groveland Elementary are the two Macalester-Groveland neighborhood public schools, though there are numerous private schools in the area, including Saint Paul Academy and the Summit School. Mac-Groveland is home to two post-secondary institutions, Macalester College and the University of Saint Thomas. The St. Paul Seminary is also located here. The Macalester-Groveland neighborhood’s western border is formed by the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, a public park with walking and biking paths atop the bluffs along the bank of the Mississippi.
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls