The Mac-Groveland area of St. Paul is a busy, lively neighborhood. Bustling Grand Avenue runs east and west through Mac-Groveland. There are a range of restaurants, cafes, eclectic gift shops and specialty stores. The neighborhood also features the Grandview Movie Theater. Randolph Heights Elementary and Groveland Elementary are the two Macalester-Groveland neighborhood public schools, though there are numerous private schools in the area, including Saint Paul Academy and the Summit School. Mac-Groveland is home to two post-secondary institutions, Macalester College and the University of Saint Thomas. The St. Paul Seminary is also located here. The Macalester-Groveland neighborhood’s western border is formed by the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, a public park with walking and biking paths atop the bluffs along the bank of the Mississippi.
- Looming Sharkcano and Minnesota’s Best Shark Week Experiences
- Movie Review — ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ is Family Popcorn Fun
- New Rail Service Twin Cities-Chicago and the Ghosts of the 100 MPH Hiawatha Trains
- The Keys to Successful Omicron Vacation Planning
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?