The Midway neighborhood includes the Twin Cities only passenger rail terminal, Hamline University and “Midway Center,” one of inner-city Saint Paul’s primary shopping districts. The neighborhood’s main commercial districts are along Snelling and University Avenues. University Avenue offers large grocers and department stores, while Snelling Avenue provides numerous small shops and quality ethnic restaurants. Residents enjoy being within biking and walking distance of shopping and dining. There are also a number of neighborhood parks. The neighborhood offers a variety of public and private schools. Hamline University is at the center of Hamline-Midway. Hamline-Midway is also home to the Minnesota State Fair Grounds, which beyond hosting the Great Minnesota Get-Together is also the venue for car shows, horse shows, antique sales, and technology fairs.
- Final Four Rags to Riches: Your 2019 Fun Guide
- Movie Review — ‘Welcome to Marwen’ Disappoints Despite Being Based on a Compelling True Story
- Movie Review — ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Has the Right Pieces, But Never Fully Develops
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen