The Midway neighborhood includes the Twin Cities only passenger rail terminal, Hamline University and “Midway Center,” one of inner-city Saint Paul’s primary shopping districts. The neighborhood’s main commercial districts are along Snelling and University Avenues. University Avenue offers large grocers and department stores, while Snelling Avenue provides numerous small shops and quality ethnic restaurants. Residents enjoy being within biking and walking distance of shopping and dining. There are also a number of neighborhood parks. The neighborhood offers a variety of public and private schools. Hamline University is at the center of Hamline-Midway. Hamline-Midway is also home to the Minnesota State Fair Grounds, which beyond hosting the Great Minnesota Get-Together is also the venue for car shows, horse shows, antique sales, and technology fairs.
- Movie Review — ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ is Family Popcorn Fun
- New Rail Service Twin Cities-Chicago and the Ghosts of the 100 MPH Hiawatha Trains
- The Keys to Successful Omicron Vacation Planning
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips