Known as St. Paul’s Garden District, Como Park is primarily a residential and recreational neighborhood, centered on Como Lake and its parks. The neighborhood has many recreational amenities, including a golf course, bike path, various open fields, a municipal pool, and the Como Zoo. The Marjorie McNeely Conservatory is the largest indoor, glass garden in the area. The Como Lakeside Pavilion provides live entertainment throughout the summer. The Minnesota State Fair Grounds border Como Park on the west, which beyond hosting the Great Minnesota Get-Together is also the venue for car shows, horse shows, antique sales, and technology fairs. There are several schools in Como Park, the public schools in the area being Chelsea Heights Elementary School and the Como Park Elementary School, the only school in the area to have its own planetarium. The chief secondary school in Como Park is Como Park Senior High School, one of the highest rated schools in the state.
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls
- Quarantine Netflix Binge Recommendation – ‘Formula 1: Drive to Survive’