West Calhoun’s close proximity to Lake Calhoun makes it a popular place to live in Minneapolis. The area offers its residents a variety of amenities, including doctors, dentists, convenience stores, grocery stores, dining options, cafes and more. The Grand Rounds Scenic Byway borders Lake Calhoun, connecting it with other trails and the Midtown Greenway. The oldest country club in Minneapolis, the Minikahda Club, occupies most of the western and southern sections of West Calhoun.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights