Waite Park is primarily a residential neighborhood, though the Shoreham Yards train repair facility still exists here. While the yards are still in use, the land is expected to be redeveloped in the future. The green space that is named Waite Park features a wading pool, sand volleyball and basketball courts, a picnic area, and multiple baseball and softball fields. It is adjacent to Waite Park Community School and the Waite Park Recreation Center.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights