East, West & Midtown Phillips are mature and well-developed neighborhoods. The population is a healthy mix of nationalities, while the land is a mix of residential, commercial and industrial uses. These neighborhoods are home to several large employers, including Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Wells Fargo Mortgage and Allina Health Care Services. The $189 million redevelopment of the vacant Sears building at Chicago Avenue and Lake Street into a mixed-used development of offices, hotel, retail and housing located in Phillips is one of the most important projects undertaken in the city in recent times. The East Phillips Community center is a hub for the Phillips neighborhood that includes indoor basketball courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a craft room, and playground for younger children as well.
- Did Minneapolis Organized Crime Steal My Bike? (And How You Can Protect Yours)
- Twins Cities Cinema Marketing Wars Deliver New Luxury — and Bargains!
- Traveling in Portugal — The $2 City Bus Ride to Oz
- The Delectable Adventures of the Minnesota Meat Trail — A Spotlight on Minnesota’s Best Butcher Shops
- Movie Review — ‘MIB: International’ is the Death of “Galaxy Defenders”
- Lock’em Up! How Northwest Airlines Sent Administration Officials to Jail for Contempt of Congress
- Movie Review — ‘Rocketman’ is a Masterful and Wonderfully Unique Biopic of Elton John
- Movie Review — ‘Aladdin’ is a Shameful Remake of Disney Classic