East, West & Midtown Phillips are mature and well-developed neighborhoods. The population is a healthy mix of nationalities, while the land is a mix of residential, commercial and industrial uses. These neighborhoods are home to several large employers, including Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Wells Fargo Mortgage and Allina Health Care Services. The $189 million redevelopment of the vacant Sears building at Chicago Avenue and Lake Street into a mixed-used development of offices, hotel, retail and housing located in Phillips is one of the most important projects undertaken in the city in recent times. The East Phillips Community center is a hub for the Phillips neighborhood that includes indoor basketball courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a craft room, and playground for younger children as well.
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls
- Quarantine Netflix Binge Recommendation – ‘Formula 1: Drive to Survive’