East, West & Midtown Phillips are mature and well-developed neighborhoods. The population is a healthy mix of nationalities, while the land is a mix of residential, commercial and industrial uses. These neighborhoods are home to several large employers, including Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Wells Fargo Mortgage and Allina Health Care Services. The $189 million redevelopment of the vacant Sears building at Chicago Avenue and Lake Street into a mixed-used development of offices, hotel, retail and housing located in Phillips is one of the most important projects undertaken in the city in recent times. The East Phillips Community center is a hub for the Phillips neighborhood that includes indoor basketball courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a craft room, and playground for younger children as well.
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes