East, West & Midtown Phillips are mature and well-developed neighborhoods. The population is a healthy mix of nationalities, while the land is a mix of residential, commercial and industrial uses. These neighborhoods are home to several large employers, including Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Wells Fargo Mortgage and Allina Health Care Services. The $189 million redevelopment of the vacant Sears building at Chicago Avenue and Lake Street into a mixed-used development of offices, hotel, retail and housing located in Phillips is one of the most important projects undertaken in the city in recent times. The East Phillips Community center is a hub for the Phillips neighborhood that includes indoor basketball courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a craft room, and playground for younger children as well.
- Final Four Rags to Riches: Your 2019 Fun Guide
- Movie Review — ‘Welcome to Marwen’ Disappoints Despite Being Based on a Compelling True Story
- Movie Review — ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Has the Right Pieces, But Never Fully Develops
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen