The Marcy-Holmes district is one of Minneapolis’ oldest neighborhoods. Located right across the Mississippi River from Downtown, the University of Minnesota can be found on its East boundary and the East Hennepin/Central Avenue commercial district balances out the West. The Marcy-Holmes district is the location of Dinkytown, a fun, eclectic collection of restaurants, bars and similar venues. Marcy-Holmes also contains Florence Court, a historic landmark area containing approximately 50 residential homes that have set the tone for the rest of neighborhood.
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick
- When Tennis Seduced America