The neighborhood is home to important institutions and buildings such as the Basilica of Saint Mary, the Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church and the Woman’s Club. The Walker Art Center and Guthrie Theater are nearby. The many restaurants and cafés ensure an active social and cultural life. The green space that is Loring Park is a cultural center, hosting a number of carnivals and festivals every year.
- Final Four Rags to Riches: Your 2019 Fun Guide
- Movie Review — ‘Welcome to Marwen’ Disappoints Despite Being Based on a Compelling True Story
- Movie Review — ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Has the Right Pieces, But Never Fully Develops
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen