Historically, this area was the first served by rail in Minneapolis, which heavily influenced the neighborhood. In recent years, it was one of the first to be served by the first light-rail transit corridor in Minneapolis, which runs along Hiawatha Avenue. One of Longfellow most attractive features is Longfellow Park, which stretches across the southern part of the neighborhood. This green space is surrounded by smaller houses and is a great place for recreation.
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN