The Keewaydin neighborhood offers suburban style living in a city setting. The neighborhood is a young one, vital and active, with the median age for residents in the 25-44 year age range. Young families and single professionals make up the bulk of the neighbors, but there’s also a substantial population of seniors and a large number of children under the age of 18. Keewaydin Park and Lake Nokomis offer many recreational opportunities for residents. The park includes softball and baseball fields, basketball courts, soccer fields, a wading pool and tot lot, picnic areas and a walking path. The Nokomis Lake recreation area includes facilities for sailing, including a boat launch for city residents. The Recreation Center offers a full menu of services including arts and crafts programs, fitness lessons and community meeting rooms.
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes