The Howe neighborhood is a beautiful district, with scenic walking paths and hiking trails along the Mississippi River. Activities at the local parks offer many opportunities for outdoor and indoor recreation for singles, seniors, families and children. Most of the neighborhood is made up of residential homes. Since 1989, the Howe neighborhood has undergone a substantial revival. Many homes along the river have been refurbished and upgraded, with further renovations continuing onward toward downtown. The Longfellow Community Council is actively involved in monitoring and directing the renovation of the river gorge and parks along the Mississippi.
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls