The Howe neighborhood is a beautiful district, with scenic walking paths and hiking trails along the Mississippi River. Activities at the local parks offer many opportunities for outdoor and indoor recreation for singles, seniors, families and children. Most of the neighborhood is made up of residential homes. Since 1989, the Howe neighborhood has undergone a substantial revival. Many homes along the river have been refurbished and upgraded, with further renovations continuing onward toward downtown. The Longfellow Community Council is actively involved in monitoring and directing the renovation of the river gorge and parks along the Mississippi.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights