The Howe neighborhood is a beautiful district, with scenic walking paths and hiking trails along the Mississippi River. Activities at the local parks offer many opportunities for outdoor and indoor recreation for singles, seniors, families and children. Most of the neighborhood is made up of residential homes. Since 1989, the Howe neighborhood has undergone a substantial revival. Many homes along the river have been refurbished and upgraded, with further renovations continuing onward toward downtown. The Longfellow Community Council is actively involved in monitoring and directing the renovation of the river gorge and parks along the Mississippi.
- Looming Sharkcano and Minnesota’s Best Shark Week Experiences
- Movie Review — ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ is Family Popcorn Fun
- New Rail Service Twin Cities-Chicago and the Ghosts of the 100 MPH Hiawatha Trains
- The Keys to Successful Omicron Vacation Planning
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?