The Howe neighborhood is a beautiful district, with scenic walking paths and hiking trails along the Mississippi River. Activities at the local parks offer many opportunities for outdoor and indoor recreation for singles, seniors, families and children. Most of the neighborhood is made up of residential homes. Since 1989, the Howe neighborhood has undergone a substantial revival. Many homes along the river have been refurbished and upgraded, with further renovations continuing onward toward downtown. The Longfellow Community Council is actively involved in monitoring and directing the renovation of the river gorge and parks along the Mississippi.
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick