Hawthorne has a host of features to offer residents of this neighborhood. Fairview Park provides a wealth of recreational opportunities, including football, basketball, soccer and baseball, a tot lot and wading pool, biking paths and walking paths. In the winter, the hills provide sledding surfaces for adults and children alike. Hawthorne is home to the Nellie Stone Johnson School, which is one of Minneapolis’ Choice schools, emphasizes active community partnerships and is actively supported by a number of community organizations. The Hawthorne Area Community Council, which has been in operation for over thirty years, is involved in improving neighborhood services and access for all of its residents.
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea