Hawthorne has a host of features to offer residents of this neighborhood. Fairview Park provides a wealth of recreational opportunities, including football, basketball, soccer and baseball, a tot lot and wading pool, biking paths and walking paths. In the winter, the hills provide sledding surfaces for adults and children alike. Hawthorne is home to the Nellie Stone Johnson School, which is one of Minneapolis’ Choice schools, emphasizes active community partnerships and is actively supported by a number of community organizations. The Hawthorne Area Community Council, which has been in operation for over thirty years, is involved in improving neighborhood services and access for all of its residents.
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick
- When Tennis Seduced America