Harrison offers many amenities to its residents besides affordable housing. It is an active and engaged neighborhood with excellent schools and many leisure opportunities The Harrison neighborhood is home to Bassett Creek Park and Theodore Wirth Park, both of which offer facilities for many recreational activities, including miles of trails, biking paths and botanical gardens along with soccer, basketball, baseball, archery and tennis. There are picnic grounds and walking paths, a tot lot and playground, swimming area and fishing dock and skiing and tubing area, too. Parcels of industrial land occupying the area east of Cedar Lake Road puts a variety of employment options nearby.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights