There are ongoing events, community organizations, parks and recreation venues in the Folwell neighborhood of Minneapolis. The community is anchored by Folwell Park. The Folwell Recreation Center at the park provides activities for residents year round, including youth mentorship programs, recreation and cooking classes, senior recreation programs and team sports games. The Folwell Neighborhood Association is very active, encouraging home ownership and responsibility in the neighborhood, a first time home buyers loan program, assistance with repairs and renovation, and programs and prizes for homeowners who take particular care with their homes’ appearance. The association also runs a volunteer organization that will help elderly and low income residents with exterior renovations.
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes