There are ongoing events, community organizations, parks and recreation venues in the Folwell neighborhood of Minneapolis. The community is anchored by Folwell Park. The Folwell Recreation Center at the park provides activities for residents year round, including youth mentorship programs, recreation and cooking classes, senior recreation programs and team sports games. The Folwell Neighborhood Association is very active, encouraging home ownership and responsibility in the neighborhood, a first time home buyers loan program, assistance with repairs and renovation, and programs and prizes for homeowners who take particular care with their homes’ appearance. The association also runs a volunteer organization that will help elderly and low income residents with exterior renovations.
- Final Four Rags to Riches: Your 2019 Fun Guide
- Movie Review — ‘Welcome to Marwen’ Disappoints Despite Being Based on a Compelling True Story
- Movie Review — ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Has the Right Pieces, But Never Fully Develops
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen