There are ongoing events, community organizations, parks and recreation venues in the Folwell neighborhood of Minneapolis. The community is anchored by Folwell Park. The Folwell Recreation Center at the park provides activities for residents year round, including youth mentorship programs, recreation and cooking classes, senior recreation programs and team sports games. The Folwell Neighborhood Association is very active, encouraging home ownership and responsibility in the neighborhood, a first time home buyers loan program, assistance with repairs and renovation, and programs and prizes for homeowners who take particular care with their homes’ appearance. The association also runs a volunteer organization that will help elderly and low income residents with exterior renovations.
- Did Minneapolis Organized Crime Steal My Bike? (And How You Can Protect Yours)
- Twins Cities Cinema Marketing Wars Deliver New Luxury — and Bargains!
- Traveling in Portugal — The $2 City Bus Ride to Oz
- The Delectable Adventures of the Minnesota Meat Trail — A Spotlight on Minnesota’s Best Butcher Shops
- Movie Review — ‘MIB: International’ is the Death of “Galaxy Defenders”
- Lock’em Up! How Northwest Airlines Sent Administration Officials to Jail for Contempt of Congress
- Movie Review — ‘Rocketman’ is a Masterful and Wonderfully Unique Biopic of Elton John
- Movie Review — ‘Aladdin’ is a Shameful Remake of Disney Classic