Located on the western side of Minneapolis, East Isles is a thriving neighborhood with a touch of distinction. The East Isles is situated on the east side of Lake of the Isles, part of Minneapolis’ Chain of Lakes area. The neighborhood is built around the lakes, making it a popular recreational destination. Its parks and green spaces are enjoyed by residents throughout Minneapolis. Hiking, biking, swimming and boating are popular pastimes in summer, while in the winter ice skating and cross country skiing rule the trails. The Midtown Greenway runs through the southern part of the neighborhood and connects it with Hiawatha Avenue on the east and the city limits on the west. East Isles is served by six elementary schools and three high schools, both private and public. The Minneapolis School District is highly regarded for its innovative programs and inclusive teaching strategies.
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN