Located on the western side of Minneapolis, East Isles is a thriving neighborhood with a touch of distinction. The East Isles is situated on the east side of Lake of the Isles, part of Minneapolis’ Chain of Lakes area. The neighborhood is built around the lakes, making it a popular recreational destination. Its parks and green spaces are enjoyed by residents throughout Minneapolis. Hiking, biking, swimming and boating are popular pastimes in summer, while in the winter ice skating and cross country skiing rule the trails. The Midtown Greenway runs through the southern part of the neighborhood and connects it with Hiawatha Avenue on the east and the city limits on the west. East Isles is served by six elementary schools and three high schools, both private and public. The Minneapolis School District is highly regarded for its innovative programs and inclusive teaching strategies.
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick