The East Harriet neighborhood is an inviting community with Lake Harriet, many popular parks and recreational venues. Lyndale Farmstead Park has basketball and tennis courts, and playground equipment. It also has become a popular gathering place for neighbors and residents and often hosts community events. East Harriet was one of the first of Minneapolis’s many neighborhoods to participate in the city’s Neighborhood Revitalization Plan. The East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association was formed in 1991 and continues to be a vital part of the community and a driving force behind improvements to the area. The population is young, hip and diverse, with nearly half the residents falling between 29 and 44 years of age.
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls