Downtown West is the center of the busy Minneapolis metropolitan area, with many office towers, busy malls and shopping centers, fine dining and theaters. Downtown West is home to the Nicollet Mall, with retail stores and restaurants, and to Minnesota Orchestra. Hennepin Avenue offers entertainment and dining in the form of theaters and restaurants interspersed with cafes and shops. With many of the city’s financial and corporate entities based here, Downtown West is attracting an increasing number of young professionals and families.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights