The diverse, busy urban center that is Downtown East reflects the city at large. It contains mainly recreational land including the Metrodome plus commercial, industrial and vacant land. The Downtown East neighborhood is home to several parks, museums and theaters, including Mill Ruins Park, Mill City Museum and the Guthrie Theater. The Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association has taken an active role in defining a ‘neighborhood code of conduct’ that identifies Downtown East as a neighborhood that is clean, attractive and well maintained. Residents tend to be courteous and friendly toward each other, engaging in regular activities with the association. Downtown East is becoming a popular residential neighborhood for young professionals who enjoy the atmosphere of a bustling city.
- Your Oscar Movie Favorite: Brother Where Art Thou?
- 5 Down Payment Assistance Programs to Consider in Minnesota
- Wildcatting Minnesota Oil — Boom or Bust?
- Movie Review — Rami Malek Shines as Freddie Mercury in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- “I’ll Take Murder for $100 Alex” — The Mysterious Death of Dorothy Kilgallen
- Movie Review — ‘A Star is Born’ Features Oscar-Worthy Performances From Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
- Movie Review — ‘The Predator’ is Another Poor Attempt at Rebooting a Franchise
- Movie Review — ‘Peppermint’ is a Forgettable Revenge Flick