The diverse, busy urban center that is Downtown East reflects the city at large. It contains mainly recreational land including the Metrodome plus commercial, industrial and vacant land. The Downtown East neighborhood is home to several parks, museums and theaters, including Mill Ruins Park, Mill City Museum and the Guthrie Theater. The Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association has taken an active role in defining a ‘neighborhood code of conduct’ that identifies Downtown East as a neighborhood that is clean, attractive and well maintained. Residents tend to be courteous and friendly toward each other, engaging in regular activities with the association. Downtown East is becoming a popular residential neighborhood for young professionals who enjoy the atmosphere of a bustling city.
- Movie Review — ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ is Family Popcorn Fun
- New Rail Service Twin Cities-Chicago and the Ghosts of the 100 MPH Hiawatha Trains
- The Keys to Successful Omicron Vacation Planning
- Brainerd Lakes Fall Color Bonanza
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips