The diverse, busy urban center that is Downtown East reflects the city at large. It contains mainly recreational land including the Metrodome plus commercial, industrial and vacant land. The Downtown East neighborhood is home to several parks, museums and theaters, including Mill Ruins Park, Mill City Museum and the Guthrie Theater. The Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association has taken an active role in defining a ‘neighborhood code of conduct’ that identifies Downtown East as a neighborhood that is clean, attractive and well maintained. Residents tend to be courteous and friendly toward each other, engaging in regular activities with the association. Downtown East is becoming a popular residential neighborhood for young professionals who enjoy the atmosphere of a bustling city.
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights
- How Minnesota COVID-19 Death Tolls Were Inflated During Stay At Home MN
- Five Craft Beer Adventures Over Land and Sea
- The COVID-19 Travel Enigma: Enticing Air Fares, Protecting Your Money and the Fear of Flying
- Minnesota Funeral Directors Grapple With Inflated COVID-19 Death Tolls