The diverse, busy urban center that is Downtown East reflects the city at large. It contains mainly recreational land including the Metrodome plus commercial, industrial and vacant land. The Downtown East neighborhood is home to several parks, museums and theaters, including Mill Ruins Park, Mill City Museum and the Guthrie Theater. The Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association has taken an active role in defining a ‘neighborhood code of conduct’ that identifies Downtown East as a neighborhood that is clean, attractive and well maintained. Residents tend to be courteous and friendly toward each other, engaging in regular activities with the association. Downtown East is becoming a popular residential neighborhood for young professionals who enjoy the atmosphere of a bustling city.
- Twins Cities Cinema Marketing Wars Deliver New Luxury — and Bargains!
- Traveling in Portugal — The $2 City Bus Ride to Oz
- The Delectable Adventures of the Minnesota Meat Trail — A Spotlight on Minnesota’s Best Butcher Shops
- Movie Review — ‘MIB: International’ is the Death of “Galaxy Defenders”
- Lock’em Up! How Northwest Airlines Sent Administration Officials to Jail for Contempt of Congress
- Movie Review — ‘Rocketman’ is a Masterful and Wonderfully Unique Biopic of Elton John
- Movie Review — ‘Aladdin’ is a Shameful Remake of Disney Classic
- Movie Review — ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is the Perfect Culmination to 11 Years of Franchise Building