The Como neighborhood of Minneapolis is largely residential, though the Dinkytown commercial area is just one mile away. Como has an elementary school, Van Cleve Park and small retail stores. Van Cleve Park has facilities for basketball, hockey, soccer, an ice rink and a broomball court along with a playground and tot lot, a wading pool and picnic area. The neighborhood is favored by students and professors because of its close proximity to the University of Minnesota. The neighborhood is in the process of renovation and poised to become a thriving urban neighborhood with many of the amenities of community involvement.
- How Spooked Should We Be by the UK Delta Variant COVID-19 Surge?
- Are Minnesota’s Herd Immunity Goals Already in the Rear View Mirror?
- Minnesota’s Light at End COVID Tunnel: Is It the Runaway Fourth Wave Train?
- Gangsters, Gable and Gatsby- Four Historic and Fun Minnesota Side Trips
- Five Minneapolis Flights That Changed History
- Minnesota’s Majestic Theatres Survived the Polio Epidemic — Can They Outlast COVID?
- Dash Those Long COVID Winter Fears with Five Great Escapes
- Your Essential Minnesota Guide to Secure, Low Airfares and Flights